Hallo! Kes here

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hallo! Kes here

Post by kestrelsings on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:52 am

Well met, folks!

My name is Kestrel, I'm an English costumer (don't make a living at it unfortunately, but hey, I can dream). Loki turned up in my life early last year, and made it pretty obvious he wanted to stick around- and I'm very grateful for it, as about a month later I had the rather horrible epiphany that my brain had been lying to me all my life and I wasn't always female.

I grew up in a very strongly Christian household, and even when I left the Church at 18 it wasn't because I didn't believe in that god any more- it was because I couldn't deal with an institution that told me my sister had a mental illness when she was simply gay. I started exploring paganism, and found that soft polytheism suited me down to the ground- I felt like I was worshipping facets of the god I already knew, but calling them new names. I used the names of the Celtic pantheon, after all, I'm British. It felt like the thing to do. I never felt any great connection to them, however. Then, last Spring, I was reminded of my childhood interest in Norse myth and legend, and decided to look into it some more- maybe I'd form a greater connection with Freya or Idunn. There, still thinking in terms of Godesses! I hadn't even considered Loki- I'd read somewhere that there was no historical evidence of any worship of him, so I figured somehow no-one did it now. I was followibg links doing some web-research, and I ended up on a page listing his basic information- his family, what he's associated with- and just felt this joy, this certainty pour into me. I had a xouple of other signs that weekend that someone was interested in me, so I panicked and got out all my divination decks at once. For the first time ever, I got a difinitive answer- pretty much 'Of course it's Him, you twit'.

I've been head-over-heels ever since!

kestrelsings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hallo! Kes here

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:29 am

Hi, fellow seamstress and self-professed nerd. Smile
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:37 am

Welcome to the forum! Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Welcome!

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kestrelsings on Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:02 am

Thanks, all! And thank you, Darkamber, for posting the link to this forum. It's nice to know I have a safe space to come ramble Smile

kestrelsings

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top