Hi, I'm Christine!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi, I'm Christine!

Post by Just.Christine on Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:18 pm

Greetings and Well Met!

My name is Christine and I'm fairly new to Heathenism, but I'm no stranger to religion and mysticism. I don't think many people like these self-intros and I'm no exception. It feels like being the newbie on the job.

I'm 50 and female.
Divorced and on disability.
Owned by my two Siamese, Sage and Dusty.
I've lived in Kansas for a little over two years.
I lived in PA before that and have also lived in Florida, Arkansas, Nevada, and California-my place of birth.

I was raised in a brain-washy Christian fringe cult: The Jehovah's Witnesses. It's taken me decades to extract my whole being from that religion-and not without scars!-but I've managed at last.

I'm not sure if I found Heathenism or if Heathenism found me. A little of both, I think. As I read the Edda's I noticed an unusual amount of emotion coming from within me. Same for other books and things I've read on the Net. I was drawn to Loki immediately and one day [not a good day] out of sheer desperation I found myself throwing together a makeshift altar, making an offering to Loki of Poppy Seeds and a Xanax [hey, a bound deity could use something for pain and anxiety, right? That was my thinking at the time. Those were things that were important to me and that's why I chose to share them.] and pouring my guts out to him.

I've continued to study all I get my hands on and I've read the Troth Books. They're challenging to read and are more for reference for the more experienced person I'm thinking. There are things in it that assume you've met certain prerequisites. But with the aid of Google and my other Heathen literature, I managed to do quite well with them.

Guess that's all I have for now.

Christine

P.S. I started this board so that Lokeans would have a Loki-friendly place to read/contribute lore, chat, meet people, etc. You needn't be Lokean to join, just respect those who are. Thanks! Smile
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, I'm Christine!

Post by journeyintoinsanity on Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:12 pm

Thank you for starting this, by the way. It's nice to have a place to discuss things without all the drama. It seems like everyone here is pretty nice so far and I'm finding myself becoming more comfortable posting replies. I even asked a question! Gasp! Smile
(I'm owned by cats as well. Three of them.)
journeyintoinsanity

View user profile https://journeyintoinsanity.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkamber on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:48 am

I agree with what the above poster said. Thank you, Christine, for starting this forum!

Twitter: Darkamber Dragon
Darkamber
Site Admin

View user profile https://darkamberdragon.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moon Rouge on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:22 am

Same here, big thanks, you made great forum, Christine! Very Happy
Moon Rouge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Just.Christine on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:28 am

D'ooohhh! Embarassed Y'all makin' me blush now! Thanks!
Just.Christine
Site Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top